Development and Strategic Partnerships Internship- Los Angeles and New York
The Development and Strategic Partnerships Intern will support GLAAD’s major donor and corporate partnership program by providing vital support to the Development and Strategic Partnerships team on major donor and corporate partner fundraising strategies. The Development and Strategic Partnerships Intern will also assist the Development team with research, event production, maintenance of departmental calendars and additional projects as needed.
The Development and Strategic Partnerships Intern will have the opportunity to develop valuable fundraising and relationship management skills including market research and persuasive writing while working in a fast paced environment. These skills are extremely valuable for any student wishing to pursue a career in public relations, marketing or fundraising, either in a non-profit or business environment.
The GLAAD Development and Strategic Partnerships Intern reports to the Development and Strategic Partnerships Director. Internship is available in both New York and Los Angeles. The position is available during the fall, spring, and summer terms, and will end 12 weeks after the start date.
- Data analysis and report compilation as well as database maintenance.
- Draft, edit and proofread correspondence and proposals; general word processing and spreadsheet support: data entry, and mailings.
- Manage small mail and e-mail campaigns.
- Follow up on member correspondence via email, phone, and postal mail.
- Additional projects as requested.
- Computer proficiency in word processing, some database work (Raiser’s Edge a plus), spreadsheets, email and Internet research.
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills, ability to manage multiple tasks to meet deadlines and an acute eye for detail.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to use great discretion when necessary.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Confident, professional phone manner for dealing with donors.
- Knowledge of and commitment to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender issues.
- Inclusiveness is a vital part of GLAAD's work. Candidates must have skills necessary to collaborate within a diverse and inclusive environment.
All GLAAD interns are required to be students attending an institution with courses leading to a degree, certificate or diploma, such as college or graduate school. Interns must have graduated from high school. Internships are 8-20 hours/week during the school year and 15-20 hours/week during the summer and usually last twelve weeks. Internships must be completed in the office during the regular hours of 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. with occasional evening or weekend hours required for certain internships. Please indicate hours of availability and date available to start in the cover letter. This internship is unpaid.
The following MUST be included in your application:
1. A cover letter outlining your interest and experience specific to this position
2. A current resume
The title of the position (such as "Development and Strategic Partnerships Intern") MUST appear in the first line of the email. GLAAD will accept applications until filled.
- GLAAD does not have the ability to provide relocation benefits to interested parties.
- GLAAD is a business casual dress environment.
- Candidates MUST be able to pass a criminal background check.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
- Management reserves the right to revise or amend duties at any time.
- This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Critical features of this job are described under the headings below. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Selections are made as the applicant pool allows and continue until the position is filled.