The Digital Director will lead the process of translating GLAAD’s work into successful digital campaigns.
Reporting to the Chief Digital Officer, this person will work cross-functionally with staff in Communications, Programs, and Development to translate their initiatives into campaigns for digital. In addition, the Digital Director will lead the creation of new, online campaigns aimed at increasing GLAAD’s follower base, growing revenue, and list building.
The Digital Director will serve as the subject matter expert on all digital channels such as social media, email marketing, and websites.
This position will be based in the New York office.
- Develop and implement GLAAD’s digital distribution strategy incorporating fundraising, organizing, email, rapid response, video, website, and social across all online channels
- Oversee expansion digital programs, including building a robust program to engage social influencers and personify the GLAAD brand online.
- Meet aggressive follower growth and fundraising goals. Help set program benchmarks and track progress to goal.
- Coordinate with policy, communications, campaigns, data, technology, and field departments on shared goals. Translate their messaging and narratives to the digital sphere.
- Manage a portfolio of multiple messages and campaigns. Programs include national and local email, mobile, content, rapid response, and social media campaigns
- Create and support the new digital analytics program, building out tracking, testing, and analysis throughout our program to support membership and acquisition strategies
- Provide insight and recommendations to leadership on digital media best practices
- Create and oversee digital process and execution for cross-team collaboration and accountability, including writing, editing, design, video production, segmentation, web development, reporting, and more as needed
- Build and manage the Digital Communications team
- At least 5 years’ experience working on digital campaigns including conceptualizing and implementing digital campaigns from start to finish such as petitions, engaging with activists on the ground, social media, and partner engagement
- Demonstrated success in creating, expanding, and maintaining email, social, and SMS lists, particularly in growth and acquisition
- Familiarity with social media monitoring and analytics tools. Experience with online testing and experiments
- Talented organizer with excellent project management skills. Ability to balance work load and people management in demanding, fast paced environment
- Understanding of data management and integration.
- Demonstrated commitment to LGBT issues; commitment to GLAAD's mission, goals and work
The Digital Director reports to the Chief Digital Officer.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include: 403(b) retirement plan; escalating vacation beginning with three weeks+; Paid sick, personal days and holidays; and Organization paid health benefits for employees including medical, dental, vision, flex spending accounts, life and long-term disability insurance.
To be considered for this position please send your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to:
Applications MUST include resume, cover letter & salary requirements to be considered.
- GLAAD does not have the ability to provide relocation benefits to candidates.
- Candidates MUST be able to pass both financial and criminal background check.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified. Management reserves the right to revise or amend duties at any time.
- The work of GLAAD resembles a campaign-style work environment; there is always a high level of energy, excitement and activity for everyone in the organization; preparing for the next events/activities to accomplish our important media advocacy work, fighting the defamation against the LGBT community and changing hearts and minds about the need for LGBT equality. Staff members are expected to consciously and continuously promote the mission, values, programs, and impact of the organization when presented with opportunities for participating in membership development and reaching out to personal connections on behalf of GLAAD.
- This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Critical features of this job are described under the headings below. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
GLAAD is dedicated to promoting and ensuring fair, accurate and inclusive representation of people and events in the media as a means of eliminating homophobia and discrimination based on gender identity and sexual orientation.