The Creative Director will oversee GLAAD’s in-house creative studio and act as a leading voice and brand manager for the organization. Reporting to the Chief Digital Officer, this person will work cross-functionally with staff in all departments to accelerate the acceptance of LGBTQ people through storytelling. In addition, the Creative Director will lead the production of content that celebrates GLAAD’s work and engages our constituents, as well as create and lead the vision for all graphic design, copywriting, videography, and podcast production.
This position will be based in the New York office.
- Create and communicate a bold and clear vision to personify GLAAD and exemplify the work of accelerating acceptance
- Serve as brand manager and assure quality control by overseeing and approving the creation of all content marketing efforts across social media, web, email, print, merchandise, and other materials
- Manage production schedule by balancing stakeholder needs, staff workload, scheduling, and budget
- Develop production requirements by translating the objectives of other departments into compelling, interactive content reflective of GLAAD’s work
- Manage an expanding portfolio of multiple messages and campaigns; programs include national and local email, mobile, content, rapid response, and social media campaigns
- Develop production processes and approval workflows to meet aggressive, rapid response deadlines while delivering the highest quality work
- Collaborate with a variety of teams to analyze performance to determine the most effective content and media mix
- Analyze the latest trends in design, advertising, and activism to provide insight, best practices, and recommendations to leadership
- Build the Creative Department by hiring and managing all creative staff including employees, contractors, vendors, and interns
- Help recruit external partners including celebrities, publicists, influencers, and activists
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Required: Veteran proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- At least 5 years professional experience in an advertising agency or in-house studio, with a strong understanding of brand development and multichannel content marketing campaigns
- Demonstrated success in creating content and interactive experiences that increase engagement with key constituencies
- Strong knowledge of best practices in a wide range of creative fields including graphic design, copywriting, interactive marketing, video production, social media, website user interface design, and email marketing
- Ability to balance workload and people management in a demanding and fast paced environment
- Ability to work well with diverse teams and individuals, including GLAAD staff and external vendors, to produce content on time and on budget
- Willing to work extended hours as required
- Demonstrated commitment to LGBTQ issues; commitment to GLAAD's mission, goals and work
The Creative Director reports to the Chief Digital Officer.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include: 403(b) retirement plan; escalating vacation beginning with three weeks+; Paid sick, personal days and holidays; and organization-paid health benefits for employees including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, flexible work arrangements, employee assistance program, and life and long-term disability insurance.
To be considered for this position please send your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to:
- GLAAD does not have the ability at this time to provide sponsorship for this position.
- GLAAD does not have the ability to provide relocation benefits to candidates.
- GLAAD is a business casual dress environment.
- Candidates MUST be able to pass both financial and criminal background check.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified. Management reserves the right to revise or amend duties at any time.
- This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
GLAAD is dedicated to promoting and ensuring fair, accurate and inclusive representation of people and events in the media as a means of eliminating homophobia and discrimination based on gender identity and sexual orientation.