Accounting Manager/Senior Bookkeeper
This position is for a self-starter who has the ability to multi-task on a daily basis and is an expert in bookkeeping practices in a non-profit environment. Must be knowledgeable in the complete accounting process through general ledger and financial reconciliation, computerized accounting programs and other software. Must be able to work independently and as a part of an energetic team. Must have strong written, verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills. Shall possess the ability to work positively and supportively with all members of the organization.
- Oversee all accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger, month-end close and trial balance responsibility.
- Provide day to day support for accounting functions for organization
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Enters journal entries and other transactions
- Participates in monthly close including journal entry preparation and input
- Administer all accounts payable coding and disbursements
- Online administration of GLAAD Corporate cards and monthly reconciliation and expense coding
- Monitors Operations bills to ensure up to date payment and without disruption of service
- Cash receipts deposit to the bank
- Process donor ACH payments
- Reconciles MIP revenue report against Raiser's Edge reports
Payroll and Benefits
- Works closely with outsourced Human Resource firm to administer semi-monthly payroll, benefits, and track PTO
- 403 b Plan Administration (contributions/rollover/disbursement)
- Prepare cash flow reports
- Prepare all month end closing reports, financials
- Prepares accurate reports as requested
- Prepare time-sensitive ad-hoc reports as necessary
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting and filings
- Bank account reconciliation
Audit & Tax
- Assist with annual financial and workers compensation audit
- Form 1099 – Preparation and Distribution
- Perform Notorial Duty for GLAAD
- New Employee orientation related to expense/finance coding
- Employee reimbursement
- Other duties as assigned
Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include: 403(b) retirement plan; escalating vacation beginning with three weeks+; Paid sick, personal days and holidays; and organization-paid health benefits for employees including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, flexible work arrangements, employee assistance program, and life and long-term disability insurance.
To be considered for this position please send your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to:
- GLAAD does not have the ability at this time to provide sponsorship for this position.
- GLAAD does not have the ability to provide relocation benefits to candidates.
- GLAAD is a business casual dress environment.
- Candidates MUST be able to pass both financial and criminal background check.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by a staffer assigned to this role. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified. Management reserves the right to revise or amend duties at any time.